Pastor Christian Mungai prepared a yummy Kenyan stew for the team.
Last night, our Kenya Faith Adventure Team gathered for its final meeting at the home of Pastor Christian Mungai. It was a wonderful evening together as we continued preparing for what we hope will be a meaningful experience in Kenya.
In recent weeks, we’ve been following news of an Ebola outbreak in the region, including reports of nine confirmed cases in Nairobi. Encouragingly, the reported cases have been linked to a single individual who arrived from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and health authorities have reported no evidence of wider community transmission.
Our team is still scheduled to depart on November 13, and we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to proceed as planned. Mariners Church is carefully monitoring the situation, drawing on guidance from both the CDC and the U.S. State Department. At present, their recommendations differ somewhat. The CDC advises travelers to practice usual precautions, while the State Department has raised its advisory for Kenya to “Reconsider Travel.” The church is also drawing on its longstanding relationships with ministry partners in Kenya, whose firsthand knowledge of conditions on the ground is especially valuable.
In the coming days, the church will decide whether we’ll travel as scheduled or postpone the trip until early 2027. I have complete confidence in the care and wisdom of those making this decision, and I know that the health and safety of everyone involved will remain a priority.
Naturally, I’m eager to go, but I’m also at peace with the possibility of a delay. Whether we travel in November or a little later, the purpose of our journey remains unchanged.

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for joining the conversation.